Wednesday 10 June 2015

Lesson and Rehearsal Notes

Throughout my time in lessons and rehearsals during this unit, I have received a great amount of constructive criticism and guidance allowing me to advance and develop the skills I have been acquiring over my time spent studding theatre. 

Learning to research and further build upon my character of stage means I have learnt to create more depth in the characteristics and personality of my roles. In turn meaning when I am able to come to rehearsals with my outlook and they play, giving myself the chance to interpret the script in my own light and make instinctive and experimental chooses in response to the words on the paper. This has also led to me becoming more confident and committed in my actions and decisions.  

Being constantly reminded to take notes has taught me the importance of breaking down the text and taking an analytical view on the script. Doing so means I am able to completely understand every word, this not only makes the words I am saying more believable and real for me, but also to the audience hearing them. Also with only a hand full of scheduled rehearsal sessions held every week, being able to manage and make the most of limited time has been an important factor. There where often times ware individually and collectively we lacked in focus and concentration, so had to be reminded how much we had to do in so little time. This has really taught me how much of a collective responsibility we have to the success of this show, especially as we are working as an ensemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment